Every bearded man likes thicker beard but all have one so today we will discuss How to Make your beard look thicker
At first, let’s start with Beard Brush, Beard brush is an amazing tool that will help you in several ways.
Some beard brush tips are
- it helps to detangle the beard.
- it helps to apply a product like a mousse or butter evenly through the beard and also oil.
- it helps to get a casual look.
- it also helps you get a fluffier beard.
It can potentially make the beard look thicker and here are the 9 tips to increase the volume of your beard by beard brush and other 5 other tip
New here? I also have the following blogs to help you Get the perfect beard you want:
- 5 common mistake people make when growing a beard
- 10 Reasons Why Beards Are Attractive
- Beard Tips | Do’s And Don’t Of Being Bearded
- Small Beard Styles | Hottest Stubble Beard Trends for 2018
- Top 15 Type’s of Beard Styles to Choose From
- Difference between Neckline Beard & Jawline Beard
- How To Make Your Beard Softer
1. Clean and dry your beard properly.
Well did you know that the average male grows up to 25,000 facial hairs every 24 hours? That’s a lot of freaking hair, which means you’ll have a lot of ground to cover.
Washing your beard helps to get rid of unpleasant odors, patches, and gray hairs. It also keeps dryness and beardruff away. Remember under all that hair is skin that needs your attention too.
Steps to Wash Your Beard Properly
- Step 1: Choose The Appropriate Water Temperature: To choose the right water temperature you need to understand the science behind it. Very hot water should be avoided at all cost because it dries out hair follicles causing improper beard growth. So you can stick to lukewarm water since it opens pores and enhances blood circulation, allowing the wash to be more effective.
- Step 2: Build Up Lather: Frost up your cleanser of choice. It’s suggested to start off with a quarter size amount and add further if needed, which will be easy to determine.
- Step 3: Massage Into Beard: Most people just clean the top only, Make sure to use your fingertips to dig deep into all directions of the beard in a scrubbing motion. This action cleans the skin better, leaving your face hydrated and beard follicles stimulated causing better growth.
- Step 4: Rinse It Out: Remember to use warm water because we want to remain consistent. It’s best to just move your fingers through the beard at a steady pace. We recommend rinsing twice to ensure all soap residue is gone.
Just leave in a bit of moisture if required.
2. Brush your beard upwards
starting with your sideburns, cheeks and finally chin.
3. Use Beard oil
Take some beard oil or any product that you require and use your fingers to comb it in the beards in a downward direction but softly.
A good beard oil will help your beard stay smooth and reduce the itchiness. It is important to find one that has Jojoba oil because this ingredient is essential to a healthy beard.
Beard oils are usually scentless, so they don’t change the way yours smells but it may help eliminate any lingering bad odors. An organic beard oil helps to moisturize and shine your beard.
Let’s discuss how to apply beard oil properly
The process of applying beard oil is pretty straightforward and hard to mess up. If you get the oil in your beard, you are doing it right. But in case you want a bit more detail, the steps to follow:
- Put beard oil into the palm of your hand and rub your hands together to constantly distribute the oil across both hands
- Starting through the base of your neck, touch your fingers against your skin, then move your hands up towards your cheeks and up through the rest of your facial hair
- Keep massaging for a few seconds and then move over to your mustache, you’ll only need a little bit there
- Brush (or comb) your beard back into place according to your beard style preference.
Read More: how to apply beard oil properly
4. Brush down the beard smoothly
With firmness using the beard brush. Again starting with the sideburns cheeks and finally chin. The important trick here is to brush lightly. If you brush too hard you will sleek in your beard. Fluffiness makes it look thicker!
Now as we know how to use the beard brush to make our beard fuller now is the time for 5 tips which is essential for having a fuller beard so here you go
5. Patience and Fight the Itch
As a beard grows in, your face will begin to itch. It takes time to grow a full beard so to avoid shaving when you itch, try some Vitamin C serum on your face and your beard. This will help condition the skin and make your beard healthy.
Whenever feel like shaving Read this Health benefits of having a beard which can change your life
6. Keep Your Beard Trimmed Regularly
A quality trimmer is a necessary tool for you to own. You can trim once or twice a week to keep your hairs the same length and groomed. Never trim after a shower because your hair appears longer and thicker when wet and you could trim too much.
7. Daily Vitamins
There are daily vitamins that can help you grow fuller and healthier facial hair. Biotin is one such vitamin that you can take daily.
Also, E, B1, B6 and citrus flavonoids are great for healthy hair. There is also a product called Beard Grow XL that some people claim does wonder for a full beard. Each person is different though, so you will have to use it to determine if it works for you.
TOP 6 VITAMINS THAT PROMOTE THE GROWTH OF FACIAL HAIR
a). Vitamin C
Apart from being a powerful antioxidant, vitamin C is known to help boost immunity as well as strengthen the body against many common ailments.
It also helps to get rid of free radicals from the body. Free radicals can harm hair follicles, and because vitamin C functions as a free radical scavenger, it can help you get fuller and thicker hair.
Furthermore, vitamin C helps to boost blood circulation and for thicker facial hair, you especially require good blood circulation within the scalp where there are many tiny blood vessels which supply nutrients to the hair follicles.
You can get vitamin C from foods such as oranges, chili peppers, strawberries, kale, papaya, green bell pepper, cauliflower, pineapple, kiwi, and guava.
2. Vitamin A
This vitamin is important for the proper functioning and healthy structure of the body’s epithelial tissues.
Also, vitamin A helps in the production of sebum – a natural lubricant secreted by the skin which helps to keep hairs properly moisturized and lustrous. Several beard vitamins products contain Vitamin A as a major ingredient.
Foods such as carrots, liver, carrots, milk, green leafy vegetables, egg yolk, broccoli, tomatoes, cabbage, papaya, and mango are loaded with vitamin A.
3. Vitamin E
This vitamin is extremely important for maintaining the health of skin and hair. Vitamin E increases blood circulation, which ensures that the hair follicles get all the minerals, nutrients, and oxygen they require for proper growth.
Soybeans, wheat germ oil, leafy green vegetables, dried beans, raw nuts, and seeds are excellent sources of this vitamin. If you take anticoagulants or medication for high blood pressure, speak with your healthcare professional.
This is because excess consumption of vitamin E can result in an increased blood pressure and might impede the ability of the blood to clot.
4. Niacin or Vitamin B3
Niacin is a B vitamin that promotes the circulation of blood to the hair follicles and enhances beard growth. Also, it helps in the production of several hormones in the body. Often times hair loss is blamed on hormonal imbalance.
Foods that contain niacin include oily fish, pork, chicken, liver, peanuts, and strawberry.
Inositol is also a B vitamin that helps to keep hair follicles healthy. To gain the full benefits of this vitamin, you should include foods like liver, brewer’s yeast, citrus fruits and whole grain in your everyday diet.
6. Biotin or Vitamin B7
This is another essential vitamin that helps to enhance hair growth. Vitamin B7 is especially important for the growth of facial hair.
If you are looking to grow a beard, then you should make sure this vitamin is included in your daily diet. This is because it promotes the synthesis of keratin which is a hair protein. Oysters, wheat germ, beans, bread, legumes, fish, egg yolk are great sources of vitamin B7.
8. Condition Your Beard!
Just like the hair on your head, your beard benefits heavily from a potent conditioner. Although this is more aimed at the overall health of your beard, it can also give the appearance of a fuller and more developed mane. An argan oil conditioner can do wonders for your beard, but if you are one of those that has the beard dandruff issue, aim for a tea tree oil based conditioner instead.
Alternatively, you can also look at Honest Amish Beard Balm Leave-In Conditioner to check off this step. This beard balm not only softens your beard but also has properties that help reduce dandruff.
Take a liberal amount and apply it thoroughly throughout your hair and make sure that you leave it in for a couple of minutes. If you wash it off right away, you are negating any chance of the conditioner doing its job.
After a couple of minutes, slide your hands through your beard and see if you notice a difference in terms of smoothness. If the hair feels silkier and your hands easily slide through your beard, you are ready to wash it off.
9. Monitor Your Diet and Water
Your diet does affect how your body looks, including your hair. And diet is important to make your beard look thicker
Try to eat a lot of leafy greens, proteins, and fruit. Stay away from fried or greasy foods. You will be surprised at how much it can affect you.
Staying hydrated is important too. Water is your best bet and what your body craves. Sodas and sugary drinks don’t react well with our bodies natural balance.
If you eat healthily and stay hydrated, you will see an improvement in your beard and overall appearance.
So, as you can see there are real things you can do to help you grow a healthy and full beard.
A well-groomed man is always attractive and as you make progress with your beard, you are sure to get more second looks from the ladies. Beards are like the other parts of your daily grooming-you can condition and trim to put your best face forward. Grooming is a daily task that is worth the bother.
Eat your veggies and drink plenty of water and you may soon have the fullest beard on the block.
In short, the best beard growth foods do the following;
- Improve natural thyroid hormone production.
- Raise testosterone and DHT levels naturally.
- Reduce the carrier protein SHBG, making testosterone and DHT more active.
- Contain the required beard vitamins and minerals to stimulate growth.
8 Foods that Speed up Facial Hair Growth Naturally
2. Orange Juice
5. Brazil Nuts
Eat healthily, Drink health, make sure to get all the essential vitamins to your body from outside using beard oil and beard balm and also from inside by eating healthy vegetables
this will surely get you the perfect beard you want if you have any question or suggestion let us know in the comments and if you like the article please share